Tuesday 12 June 2012

Rabbi Relay Ride

 

On Wednesday and Thursday 27th and 28th June I will be riding over a hundred miles around Inverness as part of a Rabbinic Relay-Ride from Lands End to John O’Groats.

 

The ride is already on its way.  More info at

http://www.rabbirelayride.org/

 

As well as bringing together Rabbis from across the spectrum of Anglo-Jewry the ride has a serious point – raising the profile of more ecologically friendly ways to travel and behave.

The relay ride is a project of the Gefiltefest, a celebration of all things Jewish and foody – as well as festivals to promote the fabulous range of Jewish world-cuisine the organisation also raises funds to support food related charities such as Leket providing foods for poverty-struck Israelis.

 

For my hundred mile pedal I’ll be raising funds for Gefiltefest and New London Synagogue, where I hope to be able to fund some ecologically minded improvements to the community I serve. Improving the world, doing a piece for inter-communal harmony and celebrating Jewish food – not a bad triumvirate.

 

If you are able to sponsor my pedalling, please click here

http://www.rabbirelayride.org/profiles/jeremy-gordon there is a ‘sponsor me’ button.

Or

www.newlondon.org.uk/donate and mark your donation ‘Rabbi Relay Ride.’

 

And wish me well.

 

I really appreciate the support.

 

Jeremy

 

 

Jeremy Gordon

www.rabbionanarrowbridge.blogspot.com

 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...